TeenHealthFX is not able to give you the exact information you asked for, but hopefully this information will help.
According to the National Center For Health Statistics and the Allan Guttmacher Institute - As of 2:30 pm on May 29, 2001:
- There was 196,069 babies born to teenagers ages 15-19 so far this year.
- There were 363,571 pregnancies for teenagers ages 15-19 so far this year.
- Children 15 and under, have delivered 9,656 babies in 2001.
Even though the overall number of teen pregnancies is declining, the numbers are still very high.
The Center For Disease Control (pregnancy is not a disease but the agency keeps good numbers):
- There is an estimated 1 million teens that become pregnant each year
- 95% of those pregnancies were unintended
- Almost one third end in abortion
The lesson here is:
Try not to have sex until you are ready. If you believe you are ready, practice safer sex and always use a condom. Also, it is a great idea and recommended medically for you to see a doctor at a teen health center.