Coronavirus (COVID-19): The Facts
TeenHealthFX is glad you asked this question. The Coronavirus ( COVID-19) has been in the news quite a lot these days!
- COVID-19 can be spread through the air which means it can be spread from person to person very easily. For example, being close to someone who coughs or sneezing through respiratory droplets could potentially cause you to become exposed to the virus.
- It is possible to contagious without showing any symptoms. In fact, the incubation period is anywhere between 2-14 days.
- A person could potentially expose themselves to the virus by touching a contaminated surface and then touching their face, eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Symptoms of illness can include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. However, the symptoms seem to vary from person to person.
The best ways to prevent getting the illness are as follows:
- Wash your hands for AT LEAST 20 seconds with soap and water. If you do not have access to soap and water, then hand sanitizer is your next safest bet.
- Avoid being in close contact with others, especially those who may be sick. Keep a 6-foot distance away from others.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes at all costs, especially if your hands are unwashed.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces daily especially your phone!!
- If possible, stock up on essential supplies and stay home.