Do Greasy Foods Really Cause Acne? How Do I Get Rid Of It?
Acne can be caused from a variety of things, however eating chocolate and greasy foods is not one of them. In fact, Kid’s Health explains that 8 out of 10 teens have acne because of hormonal changes during puberty. It also has to do with how your body handles stress, certain medications you may be taking and even family genetics which may be why some of your friends have acne and some of them do not.
There are also many different kinds of acne. Some require medical attention from a dermatologist and others can be treated at home with over the counter products. A dermatologist is a doctor that specializes in all skin problems and can diagnose and prescribe the right treatment for your skin. He or she can also recommend products to buy at a store that can be helpful.
In the meantime, here are a few suggestions on how to try to keep your skin clear:
- Wash your face in the morning and before going to bed with a mild cleanser.
- Try to avoid touching your face.
- Do NOT pop pimples as doing so can lead to an infection.
- Use products that are “noncomedogenic” which means it will not clog your pores.
- You can try to use over the counter products containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to help with break outs you may already have.
We hope this helps!