7 Healthy Ways to Handle Socially Distanced Holidays
Holidays can be challenging on any given day. Add in a pandemic and it can be even more challenging. Below is a list of ways to help you handle the stressors that you may face:
- Video chat relatives and friends. Even though you may not be able to “see” your family. Set up a zoom or facetime to eat dinner at the same time.
- “Watch” a show or movie together. Set up a time with friends or family to watch a show or movie at the same time while video chatting or texting.
- Send your family and friends gifts right to their home! Most stores have the option to send gift messages along with the gifts no matter how big or small.
- Give yourself a brain break. Do not spend your holiday breaks doing homework. Take time to give your brain time to recharge- your assignments do not need to be perfect.
- Sleep. Use this time to rest and get some much-needed sleep.
- Eat Healthy. Avoid overindulging in junk food and stop when you are full.
- Ask for help. Reach out to a friend, parent, or trusted adult if you are feeling anxious, overwhelmed, irritable or sad. You are not alone. There is no need to deal with these feeling all by yourself.