Back to School: 2021 Edition
Going back to school this year doesn't have to be a challenge. There are steps you can take to help you be prepared and less overwhelmed. Check out our 9 tips below to help you get a jump start on the year and start off on a good note.
- Start adjusting your sleep schedule now. This way your body won’t be as tired waking up for the first day of school.
- Be easy on yourself. Last year was a rough school year for most. Adjusting back to full day, in person classes can take time.
- If you are nervous, reach out to a parent, teacher, school counselor, or other trusted adult. You are NOT alone.
- Try to find an activity that you enjoy where you can surround yourself with people you are comfortable with. Whether it’s a team sport, an art club, student representation, or meeting with friends weekly.
- Set one goal for yourself every day, such as talking to a single new person or not waiting until the last minute to do an assignment, and see how far you can make it past that goal once you meet it.
- Don’t force yourself to go in all at once. Be mindful of your personal boundaries while still believing in yourself and your capabilities.
- Make a list of all the important tasks you have to do before school starts, and then make a second list of things of the tasks you can start now.
- Make sure you are also planning social activities along with academic responsibilities. Emotional health is equally important.
- Lastly, if you need any additional advice, reach out to a parent or trusted adult. In addition, feel free to post your questions or comments on TeenHealthFX!