COVID-19 & Being Outdoors
Summer is almost here, and it is time to spend some time outdoors, but is it safe?
In short, YES! Go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather! Whether it is a BBQ, swimming, going for a walk, or just sitting outside. It is good for both your physical and mental health and can be done in a safe way.
Here are some tips to enjoy being outdoors while practicing sun and COVID-19 safety!
- Create a small circle of friends to see continuing to practice social distancing by staying 6 feet apart.
- Wear sunscreen, especially when outside between 10am and 3pm. Don’t forget to reapply!
- Don’t visit crowded places.
- Bring or wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Make sure you bring water and snacks.
- Follow good hygiene practices. Avoid touching your face and wash your hands often or after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Remember to bring and wear a mask in public places, most places now require it.