The Do's and Don'ts of Resume Writing
- Start with a header: include your full name, address, phone number, e-mail address and URL if you have one.
- Do NOT use an old e-mail address that is not professional.
- List work related experience from newest to oldest. Think about the qualities your future employer will want and highlight them.
- List education newest to oldest including your high school, town, year of graduation, credential received: HS Diploma, licensure/trade certifications. Make sure to include key courses and highlight academic accomplishments.
- Highlight extracurricular activities and community service projects you participate in. Include clubs, sports, babysitting, any volunteer work.
- Use action words.
Click here for over 500 samples of resumes and covers letters to help you make sure yours is top notch!