- Plan a meal and make dinner together.
- Take advantage of the time of year and enjoy a seasonal activity together. For example, pumpkin picking in the fall or ice skating on a winter night can make for a great date!
- Take a drive down to the beach for the day. No matter what the time of year, a walk in the sand is always a refreshing change.
- Go for a hike or a bike ride outdoors.
- Volunteer in a community service project that you are both interested in together. Lending a helping hand to a good cause is always a satisfying way to spend an afternoon or evening.
- Head to the city for a day. From seeing a matinee to shopping or viewing a great art exhibit, no matter what you are interested in, there is no shortage of fun things to do there!
- Sports fans? Get tickets to a game and cheer for your favorite team. Or you could always watch a game together at home.
- Go to an amusement park for the day! You're never too old for a ride on a roller coaster!
- Sometimes it's the little things that mean so much, like surprising your boyfriend or girlfriend with flowers or candy.